Not receiving sandbox webhook events.

KerdosMedia
Contributor
Contributor

I've created a webhook listener and set it up in my sandbox application to receive Invoice related events but if I create an invoice at the sandbox website using the business sandbox account (not through the API in case that matters, this simulates how I plan on doing things at least in the short term).

Then I pay the invoice using one of the sandbox accounts (default personal one) I do not receive a webhook event.

If I look at the Webhook events history at https://developer.paypal.com/developer/dashboard/webhooks/sandbox/ there are no events. I checked in the live events too and nothing their either.

The webhook appears to be working as I can receive requests when using the webhook simulator. I don't get the full event details just the links. If I try to get the event details I get a FileNotFound exception which I think is the expected behaviour with the simulator right?

My development server is running on localhost and I'm using ngrok to have a public https url that's sent to my development workstation.

I'm developing in Java using Spring-Boot. I'm using the rest-api-sdk-1.14 I added the following to my pom.xml

<dependency> <groupId>com.paypal.sdk</groupId> <artifactId>rest-api-sdk</artifactId> <version>LATEST</version> </dependency>

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

silk33
Contributor
Contributor

I see the same problem with live webhooks since some days, and it's a real problem sice it's live...

Login to Me Too

nkavian
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problems with sandbox.

Login to Me Too

kwijibo007

I have the exact same issue.

Simulator works but but not via sandbox accounts. I'm also not generating purchases via API, only via the web UI by logging in to the sandbox accounts - does this matter? All online documentation for simulating events refers to the API...

Login to Me Too

grumegargler
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. Simulation works but nothing comes to my sandbox application even though I've subscribed to all events. I see many questions like this and no solution. Looks like this functionality doesn't work in general. Is there any workaround?
Thank you!

Account ID: GEH8JJBXUM4Q8

Login to Me Too

decoso
Contributor
Contributor

I have same issue: Webhook simulator works but pay with n test user (personal) does not. No request on my server and no events in webhook events list.

I've read so many posts with same problem in this forum now, over years. There is no answer from Paypal support. Serious?!

Maybe it's not working because i'm using german accounts or whatever. But only Paypal support could answer that.

Help us Paypal support! Help us! 

For now webhooks are not usable for me, because i cannot test my application in sandbox.

Login to Me Too

rmhaustralia
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like many developers are having the same problem. Have you found a solution to this problem (besides abandoning PayPal)?

Login to Me Too

rrguard

It's scary to look for help in this community only to find out your problem is going on for years and no answers provided.

I have the same issue: webhook simulator works but simulating events using sandbox buyer and seller accounts doesn't active the webhook trigger hence nothing arrives at my application.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.