Lost payment?

Handyann
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I’ve just set up a new business account with a Woocommerce website. Payments worked fine in the sandbox. However, when my first client paid by PayPal, I got a note on the site telling me the email I was using hadn’t been validated and the sale was on hold. When I checked on my site, the email address was indeed not correct.
I advised my client to cancel the payment but he said he couldn’t find a way to do so. Today, he’s informed me that the payment has gone out of his bank, but to where?

Can anyone please advise on what happens to this money? Will it be held until the PayPal system realises it has nowhere to go and refunds it to the client?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Andre

Hi Handyann, in case a live payment is sent to a non existing email address PayPal will try to deliver it for up to 29 days, then will return the amount to the sender. Money is not lost, and in this case I recommend to check with PayPal Customer Service via this link (then choose at the bottom one of the contact methods - email or phone). They will be able to assist and provide more details on this topic.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

MTS_Andre

Hi Handyann, in case a live payment is sent to a non existing email address PayPal will try to deliver it for up to 29 days, then will return the amount to the sender. Money is not lost, and in this case I recommend to check with PayPal Customer Service via this link (then choose at the bottom one of the contact methods - email or phone). They will be able to assist and provide more details on this topic.

Login to Me Too

Handyann
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, that’s a relief!! Thank you so much for your fast answer. Luckily, the client is a friend, so this isn’t the disaster It might have been, but I’m glad to know it will sort itself out.

Thanks again. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.