Confused about Cash Cards

cassiereroni
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I've been reading through a number of posts about PP's Cash Card.  I ordered one about a month or so ago and have received it.  I was trying to find out about how it works and such when I came to the forum.  But I'm totally confused now.  A lot of posts, while they seem to be anywhere from 1 to 3 yrs old, are saying the cash card was discontinued.  If it's discontinued then why did they offer it and send me one?

Also, I have seen that some are saying the way that you can load it has been changed and that the app doesn't work.  It was my understanding that you first find a retailer that accepts it then request a bar code and load it from there, the second option was to take a picture of a check and it will load that and the third option is by direct deposit.

Is the Cash Card still any good and have any of those options on loading it changed?  

How totally confusing.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@cassiereroni

There is a discontinued PayPal product called the PayPal My Cash Card. This was a card that you could add funds into your PayPal account with.

The PayPal My Cash Card product has been replaced with PayPal Cash. PayPal Cash adds funds into your PayPal account by generating a barcode that is scanned at a participating retailer. You can generate a barcode with the PayPal App or you can print a barcode. From within the PayPal App, you'll find the add money option in the Manage Balance tab. Make sure to update to the latest app version.

The PayPal Cash debit card was recently released (within the past six months) for PayPal Personal accounts. The Cash debit card is linked directly to your available PayPal account balance for purchasing and withdrawals at an atm. Funds can be added to your balance with PayPal Cash, direct deposit, or by depositing a check with the Ingo Check Service in the PayPal App.

When you received your debit card, there was a form included with your account and routing numbers. These numbers have been added to your PayPal account and all employer and government deposits using them will be added to your available balance. You can also find these numbers listed in your account profile, on the left, from a desktop browser.

Here is a link with details on PayPal Cash.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ppcash

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@cassiereroni

There is a discontinued PayPal product called the PayPal My Cash Card. This was a card that you could add funds into your PayPal account with.

The PayPal My Cash Card product has been replaced with PayPal Cash. PayPal Cash adds funds into your PayPal account by generating a barcode that is scanned at a participating retailer. You can generate a barcode with the PayPal App or you can print a barcode. From within the PayPal App, you'll find the add money option in the Manage Balance tab. Make sure to update to the latest app version.

The PayPal Cash debit card was recently released (within the past six months) for PayPal Personal accounts. The Cash debit card is linked directly to your available PayPal account balance for purchasing and withdrawals at an atm. Funds can be added to your balance with PayPal Cash, direct deposit, or by depositing a check with the Ingo Check Service in the PayPal App.

When you received your debit card, there was a form included with your account and routing numbers. These numbers have been added to your PayPal account and all employer and government deposits using them will be added to your available balance. You can also find these numbers listed in your account profile, on the left, from a desktop browser.

Here is a link with details on PayPal Cash.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ppcash

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.