PayPal’s MasterCard

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
  • I just received my replacement card but forgot a few things. I thought that I’d use it as a credit card and get my monthly bill. I don’t remember that I could use it against my balance in PayPal only. Am I misreading the rules?  My memory isn’t good so I need to know before using it tomorrow. 

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dell14z 

Take a look at these cards:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/credit-line-and-card-services

The first two cards from the top-left are credit cards for which you get a monthly bill for. Do your card look like those?

If your card says Business Debit MasterCard on it, then it draws from your PayPal balance.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dell14z 

Take a look at these cards:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/credit-line-and-card-services

The first two cards from the top-left are credit cards for which you get a monthly bill for. Do your card look like those?

If your card says Business Debit MasterCard on it, then it draws from your PayPal balance.

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks. I have a business debit card. I read more about it and it said I would be billed if the funds weren’t in my account. So now I’m more confused than I was!

id like it to take funds from my linked bank account  but I guess I’ll have to try using it for a small $10 purchase.  Previously I swear I used it with no funds available in my account. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dell14z wrote:

Thanks. I have a business debit card. I read more about it and it said I would be billed if the funds weren’t in my account. So now I’m more confused than I was!

id like it to take funds from my linked bank account  but I guess I’ll have to try using it for a small $10 purchase.  Previously I swear I used it with no funds available in my account. 

The business debit card generally draws funds from your PayPal balance. You can set a back up funding source such as your bank and so in case you do not have enough in your PayPal balance, PayPal will take the rest from your back up. Now, if you keep leaning on the back up funding source and do not keep a PayPal balance to fund purchases, the card can decline on you causing embarrassment at the store checkout. So, always try to keep a PayPal balance to have best performance out of the card. The back up funding source is just that, for back ups, in case [blank] happens.

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Denied. Backup source bank said no attempt at authorizing the charge was done. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.