Dispute Transaction w/out Giving Up Debit Card??

SupSvc
Contributor
Contributor

I've just had a transaction come through on my Paypal account that I know is fraudulent.  I immediately changed my password and info on my account.  It doesn't appear to be a debit card transaction, as it says it was paid by Paypal Funds, not my Paypal biz debit card.  However, when I go to the resolution center to dispute the transaction, it's telling me my card needs to be cancelled and re-issued.  Is there no way to dispute a transaction without losing my debit card, when the transaction appears not to have been made using the card itself??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@SupSvc

Your PayPal Business debit card will use any funds available in your PayPal Balance first, before using your backup funding method.

You will be able to tell from the following PayPal link of card specific transactions, if the unauthorized transaction came from your Business debit card.

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/debit-card/summary#/

If you need to cancel your Business debit card, make sure to reactivate your one percent cashback bonus when you receive your new debit card.

Feel free to call debit card support to clear up any concerns with this specific transaction. The number is on the back of your card.

Login to Me Too

SupSvc
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  The dispute has already been resolved.  I opened a case with Paypal, they investigated it and cancelled the transaction without cancelling and re-issuing my debit card (at least as far as I know - the card still works).  

The transaction was obviously fraudulent.  It had an authorization expiration date 45 years in the past, no company address and the company in question had no record of the transaction.  Thankfully, Paypal was able to take one look at it and realize it was fake and cancelled it.  I took the necessary steps to protect my account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.