paypal credit cancelled my autopay that i had for ages and reversed my payment

oneangrycusomer
Contributor
Contributor

on 9/20/23 my payment was made and got the notification that it was successful on 9/21/23. My account is setup with autopay and has been for many years. once i got the notification on 9/21/23, i called paypal credit for payment allocation. 5 minutes after i was done with the call, i got an email from paypal saying that my autopay was cancelled, payment was reversed, and I may be charged a fee. I got worried and notified paypal and paypal credit. they have no idea what's going on and started pointing fingers at each other. I spent about 10 hours in total withing 24 hours with no resolution. 

Paypal nor Paypal credit is not helping me out at all. What can i do? At this point I may have to close my account permanently. I just want to finish paying off my paypal credit and remove this nighmare for good.

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

chealsea
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me as well. I had to call Synchrony bank to pay and they reversed the fee that was charged from my payment being returned. It appeared in early October that they had fixed this issue; I was able to relink my bank and set up my autopay, but now the same thing has happened again this month. This is so frustrating.

Login to Me Too

oneangrycusomer
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys,

it did it to me again for my 10/20 pmt due . got 2 emails this time. they are driving me crazy. 

Login to Me Too

oneangrycusomer
Contributor
Contributor

One other thing i wanted to mention. I called paypal credit 30+ mins ago. They will point fingers at you and not paypal LMAO!!! They are saying my bank isn't verified and verfification needs to be performed by making small transfers.  I see both my debit and checking account showing it's confirmed and I've been using both the checking and my debit card perfectly fine. 

Their issue is very VERY VERY serious. Lawsuit may be coming.

Login to Me Too

chealsea
Contributor
Contributor
It happened to me again as well. I also called PayPal and they blamed me as well
Login to Me Too

dmdilks
Contributor
Contributor

The funny part of all of this is I have been using the same bank on eBay & PayPal for over 20 yrs. Now it doesn't work but it works through PayPal when I send money. My auto payment is the 25th.

For the hell of it I tried to make $50 payment. But again like last month when I try to make a payment. I get "Sorry there was a technical error try again later"

But it is our fault and not theirs. If it is working through PayPal when transfer mony or buy something it should be working with PayPal Credit. That is where you setup the bank account to pay your PayPal Credit.

Login to Me Too

schwartzy13
Contributor
Contributor
You’re darn right a lawsuit is coming!! If someone else doesn’t start one, it’ll be me!! They can’t just irreversably and recklessly endanger the flawless payment history I’ve painstakingly nurtured over the past 5 years across multiple cards on a whim, and then take no accountability for it whatsoever!! Making me call them to fix it, instead of fixing it on their own the second they catch wind of the issue!! Not even issue a statement or reset their broken system to remove the horrible “this is an attempt to collect a debt” notice they’ve got in red in thousands of people’s PayPal accounts!! Not even remove the late fees from peoples’ accounts who they know were affected by their “internal migration” issue?! If they think I’m just going to let this go… they really don’t know who they messed with. I am literally going to call a lawyer to start a lawsuit for this next Friday if I haven’t received a direct, personal apology and an adequate remedy for this situation by then (not just a verbal assurance that a “positive note has been sent to the credit bureaus” - what on earth is that supposed to mean?! My family’s livelihood depends on those credit bureaus!!)
Login to Me Too

oneangrycusomer
Contributor
Contributor

@schwartzy13  did you talk to your lawyer? I'm going to if i do see a negative impact on my credit.  

Please let us know!

Login to Me Too

Westsycamore79
Contributor
Contributor
Same here what’s going on?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Westsycamore79 and everyone! 

Thanks for visiting the PayPal Community, and welcome to everyone new! 

I'm very sorry to hear that your autopayments for PayPal Credit have been canceled. I know that many of you have already, but it is best to reach out to PayPal Credit directly in this situation. You can locate their Customer Support information on our Help Center here

I hope this is resolved soon!

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

schwartzy13
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me today. I am livid. What incredibly unprofessional behavior from Synchrony Bank - I am so so disappointed, especially since their customer service team initially completely disregarded my concerns about how this would affect my payment history for credit purposes, and subsequently hung up on me!! The next rep I got assured me that they had sent a positive notice to the credit bureaus but even that is just a tiny band aid on top of this ridiculous gaping wound that they have made in the trust I used to have for Synchrony Bank and the Mastercard I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on over the past few years. I literally had autopay set up on this account for the last three years!! They switched it off, didn’t notify me at all, and then had the nerve to not only flag my account as delinquent and write “this is an attempt to collect a debt” in my PayPal account (for real?!? What on earth are they thinking?!), but also assess a late fee AND notify credit bureaus that I missed a payment - all when they have had my bank information and authorization for autopay this entire time!! And it is 100% their fault that the payment was missed!! I swear, if I have to hire a lawyer to fight this so that my credit card payment history goes back to being flawless - I will do just that! Either way I am never using this card, or any card I have from Synchrony Bank, ever again!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.