Weedrew
New Community Member
Security sensor activated. Terminal locked
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Brian_W
Contributor
Contributor

HI, like many owners of the Zettle terminal I used mine a year ago and then circumstances dictated no more fairs for a year. Ready to get back on the show circuit I unboxed my Terminal, which is in pristine condition only having been used for one day last year and put it on charge with the supplied lead and plug  only to find the same locked screen message. I approached customer service and although they were very helpful they suggested the problem was caused by the unit draining and this trigered the security alert. Nothing I tried, holding down buttons, reset etc helped. The only alternative was to purchase a new unit, which, after seeing all the complaints about the issue, i was not happy to do.

Anyway, after several days I decided the unit was un fixable. I intended to see if I could connect it to my PC via a USB lead , not the one supplied with the unit. I have a samsung mobile phone which fitted into the unit but was still plugged into the mains via a USB plug for my phone. Once plugged in the unit burst into life with the set up option...no more security warnings. Waiting for it to charge completely before giving it a go...fingerd crossed.

Login to Me Too

Brian_W
Contributor
Contributor

Oh well... Went through the set up stages, left it on charge but on my return the lock was back in place..... sorry people.

Login to Me Too

Brian_W
Contributor
Contributor

IM back with plan B. OK my last post did work, partially. Once pluged into the mains charger the unit did power up properly asking to complete set up, which I did, when finished I turnerd the unit off with the button. When I turned it back on again it went straight to the lock screen error 2. OK. Now, I have  tried using the shut down button under the error message, leave it a few sconds, then plugged the mains USB charger I previously mentioned, NOT the plug and lead supplied with the unit. and the unit rebooted to the main screen. I tried several methods and came up with this. IF you reset the unit as described in my previous post, plug it into a mains charger and complete the setup sequence you can finally log back into zettle via the unit. I did and found my details, stock and a record of the transactions I had used the unit for in 2022 so all my records are there. I will try and upload pictures of my terminal in action. Trick is, the error only comes up when you turn the unit on with the top button. If you plug the usb to micro usb into a charger or USB slot on your PC, the unit will boot up to the main screen. OK not an  ideal workaround as when it times out and shuts down you need to plug in a charger to get oit to boot to the main screen BUT.. if others with this issue with their terminal  can prove this woraround works for them then it shows the terminal is still working OK the fault lies in the software boot sequence. The I can take the matter up with the manufacturer

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.