How do I edit the product categories in Zettle.

Nerdspaceship
Contributor
Contributor

For whatever reason, the mobile app added three of the same "category" so now I have three of the same in the drop down. How in the heck do I edit this? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Nerdspaceship. I understand how that would pose a concern. Here's what I can tell you.

You can find more information about creating and editing the Product Library in your Zettle account at https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/faq4509.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael
PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

DreCrochetPgh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I, too, have the same issue, and unfortunately the link given in the reply from the PayPal rep doesn't have the answer. I can't find a way to delete my multiple categories, either.

Is there someone else at PayPal who may know?

Thank you

Andrea Myers

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @DreCrochetPgh. I'm sorry to hear you've had any difficulty finding information to answer your question.

I'm also sorry for any misunderstanding, but the Zettle Product Library (https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/faq4509) is where you would go to add, edit or delete any categories. You may also check https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/faq4512 for more information.

I hope this helps to clarify things. Thanks to you as well for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael
PayPal_Michael

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/inventory-in-my-paypal-zettle-account-faq4512

Login to Me Too

Nerdspaceship
Contributor
Contributor

Like your first reply, it doesnt answer the question. It is not possible to remove or edit categories. Sure, I can remove it from the product, however, I cannot edit my list of categories and I have triplicate of the same category. 

Login to Me Too

LightFighter
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem at me.

We created a product category and then we had it 3 times in our selection box.

It's useful to have just one product category instead of three and then you have to scroll down for important other product categories or you have to pay attention not to choose the wrong product category with identical name.

It doesn't make sense, not to have the possibility to edit product category name or to delete old, unused, wrong categories or even categories with typing errors.

Would be happy, if there is a solution.

Best Regards

Login to Me Too

LightFighter
Contributor
Contributor

Still no solution?

It's possible to add products to a group and to add, edit, delete these groups but it's not possible for product categories / categories within product library.

If no such function exist, should be programmed and added as soon as possible.

Regards

Login to Me Too

DreCrochetPgh
Contributor
Contributor

This is what I found using the links provided above:

"To remove a category: Click the x and remember to save. This action will leave the product uncategorized – meaning it will show up without a category in your reports."

This is to remove a category from a product, not the category itself. I have 7 "Home" categories for my items, so I don't know which "Home" category I've chosen when I apply that category to a product. Can I delete 6 of the duplicate "Home" categories? 

Login to Me Too

slyoness
Contributor
Contributor

Since I don't think the moderators are understanding what we are needing I figured I would try to phrase it in a new way. 

We need the ability to manage our category list. To not just add new categories, but to ALSO delete categories. 

The other issue we're having, and it sounds like not just me, is that Zettle creates duplicates of category items. So if I add a "prints" category to a product. When I go back to use prints it doesn't show up, so if you add "prints" to the new product it now creates 2 of the "prints" categories, even though the first didn't show up to select with the first product. This is what is causing the need to be able to delete category items once they are created because it is duplicating them, even though they don't always show the first in the list to choose from. 

The issue has nothing to do with whether or not a category is applied to a product. Deselecting or selecting a category for a product is not the issue. 

Login to Me Too

forestpanic
Contributor
Contributor

any news on this?
We created A LOT of categories, we didn't know it's impossible to remove them! It's a one big mess.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.