General troubleshooting tips for your card reader (UK)

PayPal_Siobhán

In case you encounter any of these issues:

• The card reader can’t be paired to your smartphone or iPad anymore
  • Once paired, the card reader is not recognised in the app
  • The software update on the card reader fails
  • The battery on the card reader is not holding charge

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try one or more of the following steps:

1. Turn the card reader and your phone or tablet off and on again 
  1. Forget the card reader from the Bluetooth settings on your phone or tablet, then make sure to put your card reader in Bluetooth pairing mode and pair it to your device again 
  1. Delete the PayPal Here App from your phone or tablet and download it again from Apple’s App Store or Google Play 
  1. Perform a factory reset on the card reader:
  • Locate the small opening next to the power button on the Chip & PIN card reader
  • Insert a pin into this opening.
    • For the Black Contactless Chip & PIN card reader, hold it until you see a message on the screen and choose Option “3. Total factory reset” in the Revive Menu
    • For the White Chip & PIN card reader push the pin in the opening for 10 seconds until the green triangle starts flashing and the first asterisk LED lights up yellow
  • The card reader will take about a minute to restart
  • Once the Bluetooth light starts flashing, pair the card reader to your smartphone or iPad and open the PayPal Here app.
  • Complete any initialisation or updates if the PayPal Here App prompts you to. We recommend that you complete this step using a WiFi connection and with the card reader connected to a power source.

If the above steps have not worked, please contact our Customer Service by calling <removed> or <removed>

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Notagoodproduct
Contributor
Contributor

None of this worked. Terrible product

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Notagoodproduct,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Please contact our customer service by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Temp20230526DB
New Community Member

none of this worked mine has now completely died now 

why sell these gadgets if like many i have read about that are faulty

looks like i need to buy the izettle now instead

Login to Me Too

KnifeMan
Contributor
Contributor

nothing here gives me any advice regarding charging........my reader works fine, just looking info on when charging is complete......indicators....etc

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.