Ebay no longer allowing Pay-in-4

QuietBrowser
Contributor
Contributor

I recently attempted to make some purchases on Ebay. I successfully checked out one item using the pay-in-4 item, and all double-checks on my Paypal account show that the transaction has been lodged successfully. I opened several other potential items I was interested in and went to the Checkout area to see what their differing pay-in-4 values were so I could judge which one(s) I might choose to purchase this fortnight. Suddenly, as I moved between the different tabs, one of them displayed a message, which went by so fast I don't remember what the text was for it - something about an error connecting, I think? Since then, all Ebay items with paypal option only offer the standard full price single deposit method for checking out. Does anyone know what error I might have triggered, and how I might restore the pay-in-4 function?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @QuietBrowser

Welcome to the PayPal Community! Thank you for your interest in Pay-in-4! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues  using it for a recent purchase. It sounds like the error you're running into may be presented by our Security System. That system monitors and reviews all factors involving all actions and transactions processing through PayPal. Depending on the results of that review, certain funding sources may or may not be available during checkout from time-to-time. When you experience this kind of issue, I normally recommend trying another funding source to complete your transaction.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

QuietBrowser
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay finally displayed the pay-in-4 option today, but when I clicked on it, I was taken to a page presenting a message "We cannot offer you this payment option. Please choose another". What is going on? Is this my fault, or paypal's?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @QuietBrowser

Welcome to the PayPal Community! Thank you for your interest in Pay-in-4! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues  using it for a recent purchase. It sounds like the error you're running into may be presented by our Security System. That system monitors and reviews all factors involving all actions and transactions processing through PayPal. Depending on the results of that review, certain funding sources may or may not be available during checkout from time-to-time. When you experience this kind of issue, I normally recommend trying another funding source to complete your transaction.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

YOLZ
Contributor
Contributor

Why isn’t there the option to pay in 4, on eBay when I’ve already paid  off the other purchase using pay in 4? 

Login to Me Too

toxman101
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having this same issue. I've used pay in 4 many, many times in eBay and now I'm not seeing the option any more.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @YOLZ and @toxman101 

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community Forum!

I understand your concern about not seeing Pay in 4 option to complete the purchase. PayPal Pay in 4 is not available for certain merchants and goods and the availability is also based on PayPal internal checks. No need to worry! You may see the Pay in 4 option for your future purchases. You can try to complete the checkout using another form of payment.

Good luck,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Anne9999
New Community Member

I don't see the choice of using Pay in 4 anymore for several months now even after using this payment method numerous times. Today I was given the option to choose pay in 4 for the first time in quite a while and after being transferred to the PayPal site, PayPal attempted to withdraw the full amount from my account. The message then came up to choose another payment method. I would really like to see some form of rational explanation for this.

Login to Me Too

ehorniak

I am new to this forum and looking for help.  I have used PPC 6mo interest free for my eBay and other purchases for years.  However, on my last 3 purchases, it does not show up as an option.  PPC Pay in 4 does show up.  I asked PayPal and they say there is nothing wrong with my account and I should have that option.  Synchrony also says there is nothing wrong with my account.  Why is this happening?  Thanks, Ed 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @ehorniak 

Welcome to the PayPal Community Help and thank you for your post!

I see you're looking to avail the PayPal Credit 6 months interest free offer. The "No Interest if paid in full in 6 months on purchases of $99 or more offer is always available and is automatically applied any time users make a purchase of $99+ with PayPal Credit. Please be informed that PayPal Credit might not be offered for all purchases. You can find the possible reasons for the unavailability of PayPal credit at the check out here. You can try to complete your purchase using another available payment method.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

mgnm45
The moderator keeps giving the same generic response anytime anyone inquires about the Pay in 4 problem. I wish someone would give a real answer.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.