Accepting an additional donation above membership cost

AliveAloneWeb
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, My nonprofit has set membership levels. We have historically had members send in a check, and often they have donated an additional amount above their membership cost. How can I replicate this using paypal? I have PayPal checkout set up with the memberpress plugin.

Thanks!

Roger

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @AliveAloneWeb

Welcome! Thanks for joining the PayPal Community! 

I understand you're interested in accepting donations greater than your standard membership cost. From what you've described, it sounds like a Donation Button might be beneficial for you. With a donation button, you can set up specific amounts but also allow them to type in their own amount. You can learn more about the Donation Button on our website here, as well as the Help Center

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

AliveAloneWeb
Contributor
Contributor

So I could add a donate button to the membership page? I'm trying to accomplish this in one transaction per feedback from members.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hi @AliveAloneWeb

Thanks for reaching back out to the PayPal Community! 

There are a few different button options available that you might find beneficial. From what you've described, adding the Donate Button seems like it might fit what you're looking for best. However, if you'd like to reach out to Customer Support through one of the options on our Help Center here, they'd be able to dive into different options based on your specific account with you. 

Best wishes! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.