set up card reader without having EIN

eaglejacket
Contributor
Contributor

this account is for a high school football booster club that sells souvenirs; we are not registered as 501c or charity; we just raise money for team. we have had this account for years and have been using the old swipe card reader. we purchased the new paypal/zettle keypad reader buy i cant set it up because it is asking for an EIN and we don't have one. the old swipe reader still works but we would like to have 2 operating readers at the souvenir stand. i was sent to the "Resolution Center" yesterday after i uploaded a photo of our bank account (no EIN) but have not heard anything. is there anything we can do or can we not use the new zettle reader???

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @eaglejacket,

Thank you for your post. 

I do understand your concern. Based on what you have explained, it sounds like your account is currently limited as we are trying to confirm your identity. When an account limitation is placed, you would be required to complete all the steps in the 'Resolution Center' to resolve it. Once all the steps are done, your account would be sent for review. You would then be updated via email. 

If you cannot complete some of the steps, I would suggest you contact our customer support. They can review your account and provide you with the best solution. To do this simply click here.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.