How can I cancel a pending transaction?

katypea
Contributor
Contributor

Tonight I tried to purchase some tickets and used the pay in 3 facility, it says my transaction is pending. But the ticket website only held the tickets for 20 mins and they have now expired. Leaving me with no tickets and a pending transaction that I fear will now go through and I'm unable to cancel it when I went into my activity page as there was no cancel facility. How do I sort this out please?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@katypea 

When you pay a company then it is often pending or awaiting authorisation until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process the order and capture that payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment and returns back to your funding source. If the company cancel it for you then it may time out earlier.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@katypea 

When you pay a company then it is often pending or awaiting authorisation until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process the order and capture that payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment and returns back to your funding source. If the company cancel it for you then it may time out earlier.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

katypea
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your advice. I’ve used pay in 3 previously but never had it pending. I’ve not had an email so far from PayPal regarding this transaction so I’m assuming it’s been cancelled or will be.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.