Why is did my Pay in 3 option disappear

Animator2k
Contributor
Contributor

last night i was attempting to make a purchase on a website ive used pay in 3 on multiple times before, when i click pay in 3 it told me "this service cannot be offered to you at the current moment" and then pay in 3 just disappeared, luckily i had enough money to pay for what i was trying to purchase but when i went onto ebay where ive used pay in 3 before aswell , pay in 3 wasnt avaliable on there either, so as of today at 3pm i still dont have access to pay in 3 even though i have used it before , never had any late payments and normally pay them off earlier, and i also have 3 or 4 pay in 3 payment schemes still active on my account , please can someone help me with this

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Animator2k 

The Pay Later options are run by algorithms. The system evaluates a host of factors such as a users’ overall financial position, account activity and history with PayPal, number of loans opened, information on your application where applicable, external bureau data, internal scoring to determine whether to offer the Pay Later options, preapproval application, prequalification amounts, etc. at this time. The Pay Later plans will eventually return when these conditions for evaluation are better.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Animator2k
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

thanks for your reply but i may not have made it clear enough, NOTHING in my situation has changed in the last 2 years and up until last night i could use pay in 3, so how does the said algorithms think something is different when nothing is different, the only things that have changed is paypal having problems logining me in by saying stuff like "we cannot login in at this time please contact customer support or try logging in again" and obviously the Pay in 3 option disappearing mid payment attempt

Login to Me Too

Siren99
Contributor
Contributor
I have had the same problem..used pay 3 for as long as I can remember always pay on time or early never missed a payment. It’s ridiculous!!…I called PayPal apparently it is not PayPal doing it!..well who else is it then??…I called again & they said everything was good on my account to try again in a couple of days,which I have & remains the same. I don’t understand PayPal I think it’s a liberty they treat good payers like this.
Login to Me Too

Animator2k
Contributor
Contributor

@Siren99 
thats literally the same as what theyve said to me "Oh its our algorithms, blah blah blah, The Pay Later plans will eventually return when these conditions for evaluation are better." but they say somethings changed when literally NOTHING changed and its really starting to annoy me as its been nearly 2 week and it hasnt been resolved , literally these are the factors "users’ overall financial position, account activity and history with PayPal, number of loans opened, information on your application where applicable, external bureau data, internal scoring to determine whether to offer the Pay Later options, preapproval application, prequalification amounts, etc. at this time." that apparantly affect it when i know for a factor nothing on my end has changed in the slightest so clearly theyve messed something up and are to cowardly to admit it

Login to Me Too

Siren99
Contributor
Contributor
I am calling them again tomorrow..I can understand you being annoyed as I am too. I am going to make a complaint..nothing has changed for me either. They said oh maybe we don’t accept orders from the place your purchasing from..they do it was Dunhelm & EBay..
Login to Me Too

Animator2k
Contributor
Contributor

@Siren99 
yeah i am really starting to think they messed something up in their system because the only places i use Pay in 3 are places where ive used it before 1 was Ebay and 1 was Cardmarket

Login to Me Too

Siren99
Contributor
Contributor
I will see what they say tomorrow it’s really annoyed me.
Login to Me Too

Siren99
Contributor
Contributor
They’re still saying same thing they sound like robots repeating themselves I made a complaint.
Login to Me Too

Animator2k
Contributor
Contributor

@Siren99 
if they havent given you any help, then im almost certain they messed up and dont want to admit it

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.