Shipstation is utterly useless, what else can I use?

Foxprints
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using paypal multi order shipping for years, but now I've been forced to shipstation, it is useless, incredibly slow, tedious, can't print scan forms, etc., etc.

What is a good shipping app to use preferably integrated with Bigcommerce?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Cocoresort11
Contributor
Contributor

This is nightmare.

They have only 4 shipping methods you can choose.

When you select USPS Priority, it is only CHARGED BY WEIGHT. You have neither option to select Flat Rate Envelop nor box.

The system is very old platform. The developer who made this system does not know the most recent USPS service.

PayPal/ Shipstation still ask you CONFIRM "Delivery confirmation". USPS does not allow the Delivery confirmation anymore.

You have to select 1st-class Package option if you want to get Tracking (Not delivery confirmation).

I was surprised to see the option "CONFIRM". What is this? Is this really for 2021 USPS service?

This is not CONFIRM , it should be Extra service, then, the shipper should select, Signature option. The PayPal/SHipstation still have the Delivery confirmation option.

Anyway, this system is too primitive. I don't know who made this system and why PayPal (the major company) use this company, Shipstation.

I can use this system only for 1st-class package (Domestic). For priority you have to go anywhere because all Priority is charged by Weight in this system, no Flat Rate.

Login to Me Too

cherubino3
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to ship using flat rate, however to find some of the alternates like Regional Box A, I had to click by weight and then I found what I was looking for. In any case, I'm deeply offended that it was not made complete obvious that we were going to be charged a subscription. **bleep** that. I would rather pay slightly higher rates for my onesy twosy labels than deal with them ever again.

Login to Me Too

Foxprints
Contributor
Contributor

Update, I switched to Pirate ship, works good, no account required, no monthly fees, works with bigcommerce.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.