How do I get a user removed that no longer works for me?

J5Bach
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, tearing my hair out here trying to get PayPal to understand the issue but they are utterly useless so thought I would give the community a go....

Several months ago I suddenly found my PayPal heavily restricted - id received no e-mails from PayPal, nothing in the message centre just a red warning on the homepage asking me to upload Proof of I.D. 

I contacted PayPal customer service who said it was a standard procedure so did as requested and all was fine for a few weeks but then I found that the warning had come back on and the request to upload I.D. etc had come back  -  again no e-mails or messages from PayPal to say why.

I phoned again and after demanding to speak to a manager I finally managed to speak to somebody who said that I needed to provide I.D. for another user. I explained that the user they were requesting I.D. for had, in the end, never started work for me and I had long ago removed the user and indeed there was no longer anyone listed in the additional users to remove anyhow.

The PayPal member of staff apologised and said it had been a mistake on their behalf and she would take the limitations off immediately and, good to her word, she did and the account limitation came off straight away BUT about a week later, the warning light and limitations came back. -  again no emails or messages to say why.

This time I sent some messages in the message centre but these have been (and continue to be) ignored. I phoned and spoke to an incredibly rude member of staff who said I needed to provide ID for this additional user! I explained everything above and he said he would pass the message on to the relevant department and it would be solved within 48 hours. 

48 hours passed and nothing, then another 48 and another etc etc

About a week later I received a message in the message centre saying thanks for the contact and "we trust the matter has been resolved" and something garbled about cryptocurrency??!! I.e. PayPal had somehow managed to contact me about somebody else's problem and closed the case down so I cannot reply.

So I'm in a situation where my account is heavily limited because of an error Paypal have acknowledged and apologised about but are incapable of resolving.

Does anyone out there know what I can do or where to go from here?

Thanks in advance

Thomas

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

LouisePorvaznik
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry to hear that you're also facing limitations on your PayPal account. It's frustrating when the support team mistakenly makes decisions that impact our access to essential financial services.

It's important to remember that mistakes can happen, and it's possible that the support team may have overlooked crucial information or misunderstood the situation. I encourage you to reach out to PayPal's support again, providing clear and detailed explanations of your situation.

Additionally, consider sharing any relevant documentation or evidence that demonstrates your responsible and legitimate use of PayPal. This can help support your case and increase the chances of a favorable resolution.

I understand how vital it is to have unrestricted access to your PayPal account, and I hope that PayPal's support team will review your situation thoroughly and rectify the issue promptly. Stay patient and persistent, and I wish you the best of luck in resolving this matter.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.