Paypal Shipping Error 60017

jlreidy
Contributor
Contributor

When I go to print a shipping label thru Canada Post and paypal. I get Error Code 60017. What causes this. Has been happening for the last two days....

Login to Me Too
70 REPLIES 70

my7of9
Contributor
Contributor

These error codes are killing my international business so please help!

Login to Me Too

dethme0w
New Community Member

It was address formatting for me.  For whatever reason, PayPal (or maybe it was the customer) placed everything in "Address Line 1" as well as in City, Country, Postal Code etc.  This left the line far too long to print.  As soon as I removed the redundant information (and moved one piece to Address Line 2) the label was created without a problem.

Login to Me Too

quartztrigger
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to print any shipping label since over one year now. The PayPal representative told me many times they are working on the problem. FALSE!

They don't care. Ultra rotten customer support. I must complete each form individually for each of my customers every day on the Canada Post website. A lot of work for nothing. And we pay for this service that they are not able to give. Thieves.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526DR
Contributor
Contributor

I tried everything to solve this problem. Worked for almost an hour on it.

Canada Post has the worst web presence ever.

It turned out that the  address name was too long. I had something like "Robert <removed> c/o Company Name that was Long".

I shortened it to "Robert <removed>" and then I was able to print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that this will help everyone.

Login to Me Too

biturbo

I had this same error and the issue for me was equal to that which Franklin7993 posted in 2018. One of the fields (in my case, recipient name) was too long.

Login to Me Too

bookguy221
Contributor
Contributor

Will not calculate shipping fees for an item being sent within Canada and pops up with 60017

Login to Me Too

snorlax14
Contributor
Contributor

For me the solution was to shorten the description of the item on the customs form.  It was too long to fit in the space available on the shipping label.

Login to Me Too

pcep
Contributor
Contributor

This problem continues to persist. My experience over the years is that it seems to be a random error that eventually corrects itself if you just keep coming back and trying it. It's crazy and nobody can seem to explain it. Such a waste of time.

Login to Me Too

Jakeroo
Contributor
Contributor

Make no mistake... this is not Paypal, this is solely the incompetance, ignorance and complete lack of understanding of what is needed for online payment and shipping. Have you ever been on the CanPost site... OMG what a clusteryouknowwhat. Canpost is run by people who, in any other dimension, would not be able to get a job.

Login to Me Too

udgametech
New Community Member

I don't know why this problem is marked "SOLVED," as it is clearly not.  And the "Please try again later" part of the Error 60017 message is certainly not helpful, as it leads one to believe the problem might just magically go away on its own.

The package I was trying to send was from USA to China.  After 2 days of failure, I decided to mess with various shipment details (address text, customs info, etc.).  I finally had success when changing customs information details from "Returned Goods" to "Commercial Sample."  I'm glad I didn't just continue to "try again later" as the error suggests.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.