PayPal.me link not working as advertised

CammiesGarage
Contributor
Contributor

My paypal.me link worked as advertised for a couple of years. If you went to my link, there would be an amount field, then you could choose how you wanted to pay after entering an amount, including with a credit card. This is how PayPal claims it is supposed to work. Many months ago, I am not sure when, my link stopped working as advertised. Now, I just get receive/send buttons and it simply asks you to sign in to PayPal. I left it for a while, hoping it would fix itself. Doing a cursory search, it seems I am not the only one with this issue, but I could not find a solution. PayPal's help center appears to offer no help for this problem. What am I missing here?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CammiesGarage 

Did the problem start when you upgraded or opened a business account and were still using a personal paypal.me link?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CammiesGarage
Contributor
Contributor

As I already mentioned, I do not know exactly when the issue started. I do not remember consciously switching between personal/business.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CammiesGarage 

So you are posting with a business account and don't know when you upgraded?

You also don't know if you opened your paypal.me link before or after that upgrade?

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.