Pay in 4 taking money but order not processed

A_Bouch6
Contributor
Contributor

I have just tried to use the pay in 4 for an online order for the first time, it gave me an error and took me back to my checkout but the first payment has still be taken from my account, yet my order has not been processed. I don't want to have to pay twice but PayPal won't let me dispute the amount they have taken even though I never made it all the way through my checkout. I have tried to email the online store to check it hasn't gone through but I have received no confirmation of my order and my laptop screen is still sitting on my checkout page (which makes me think it hasn't worked).

What can I do to either get my money back or make sure the order goes through without paying twice?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @A_Bouch6,

Welcome to our community page and thank you for your post!

I completely understand your concern about your funds. When making a purchase with Pay in 4, we will conduct a pre-authorization hold on your payment method and this will show as a pending authorization within your PayPal Account Activity and also at your financial institution. If the payment is not completed, the pending authorization will be automatically voided by PayPal within 72 hours of the pre-authorization hold.

You can learn more about Pay in 4 authorizations here. Once you get back your funds, you can try to complete the payment again by clearing your cache and cookies from your internet browser or try to use a different internet browser or device.

I hope this information helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.