Possible phishing or fraud emails

ashleyjanezz221
New Community Member
Received several different emails from PayPal stating that my payment was processed, at times that I did not verify a payment be made. You sent a payment of on Jul[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]PM PDT to PayPal Inc. This email may be one of many notifications you receive as your merchant fulfills your order. Payment Details Merchant: PayPal Inc. Date: Jul[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]PM PDT Transaction ID: 9VY57055DX6534045 Authorization Amount: Payment Amount:
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @ashleyjanezz221

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community! 

I understand you received some concerning emails, and I apologize for the concern they have caused. You can learn how to determine if an email is from PayPal on our Help Center here: How do I spot and report a fake, fraudulent, spoof, or phishing emails? If you determine it was from PayPal and there was an unauthorized transaction on your account, please file an unauthorized dispute right away. You'll also want to change your password and security questions. I also suggest setting up 2-Step Verification

I hope you find the emails weren't from PayPal! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.