Pay in 4 fraudulent on credit card.

mparriott91
New Community Member

Made a purchase on the 2nd of February 2023 via Pay in 4 method. 

Have noticed on my credit card statement 2 separate "pay in 4" charges neither of which match the "pay in 4" amount to be charged per transaction. 

Credit card statement shows reference number [removed]

Each charge should be $174.50 however have noticed on credit card statement 2 separate transactions totalling almost $500 and these transactions do not match any on Paypal statement. 

Please explain as to why this would occur as this seems very suspicious and fraudulent transactions. 

Shame on Paypal for this to occur. Would not reccomend Pay in 4 method to anyone, stick with Afterpay. 

Have contacted my credit card to cancel credit card and re-issue and they are investigating these charges. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @mparriott91,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for your post!

I understand that you're worried about the PayPal Pay in 4 being charged twice. When you make a purchase using Pay in 4, you may see a pending authorization with your financial institution. This represents a temporary hold which is released shortly after completing the purchases. This is an authorization charge. If the authorization charges still appear on your account after the given period of time, you may report the charges right away through the Resolution Center. 

I hope this helps!

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.