My reader say “READER DAMAGED “ what can I do? Thank you

ocasa
Contributor
Contributor

Card reader settle 2 stop working say READER DAMAGED, what can I do?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_JonK

Hello @ocasa

Welcome! Thank you for joining the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into an error on your card reader. Normally, the best option is to reach out to our Customer Support teams to see what options are available.

My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

JoGrow
Contributor
Contributor
Why, is this happening? READER DAMAGED 😵💫 second new one in two weeks.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @JoGrow,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know that you're having issues with the card reader. If you are having issues with your Zettle card reader, please reach out to the Zettle team directly through the contact details mentioned in this link

If you are referring to the PayPal Here card reader, kindly know that after April 3, 2023, PayPal Here services will no longer be available. This means you will not be able to accept payments through PayPal Here with the card reader device or via the PayPal Here App from that date. You can upgrade to our latest point-of-sale solution, PayPal Zettle, to continue accepting payments, manage inventory, and track sales. To learn more, click here. If you are an existing PayPal Here customer and have any questions, please check this help center article

Good Luck,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Liamdobson86
Contributor
Contributor
Card reader damaged! Only had the card reader for about a month, switched on this morning to start the market stall and error came up with card reader damaged. Not much on YouTube or elsewhere on the internet to explain why, but I can see some others are having the same issues, the reader itself is in pristine condition and don’t understand why this has occurred.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.