In Zettle split a payment between cash and credit

KotG
Contributor
Contributor

Just opened our store today and had a customer who wanted to split a transaction between card and cash and there doesn't appear to be a way to do this while tied to a product in the cart. Costs my organization a $700 sale. Is there a way to split a transaction?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @KotG,

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your post1

I am happy to help you with your inquiry about split payments through Zettle. The option to split the payment is not available as you can choose either 'Cash' or 'Card' as a payment methods for taking payments. For more information on how to take payments via Zettle, please visit our Zettle help center here

I hope this information helps, have a great day!

BIndu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @KotG,

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your post1

I am happy to help you with your inquiry about split payments through Zettle. The option to split the payment is not available as you can choose either 'Cash' or 'Card' as a payment methods for taking payments. For more information on how to take payments via Zettle, please visit our Zettle help center here

I hope this information helps, have a great day!

BIndu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

KotG
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately this is not helpful although it is the answer I expected. Yet another in a long list of features this POS lacks.

Login to Me Too

EverVii
New Community Member
I’m still getting my store set up so I have not used the POS physically but have used QR payments and been learning about it still so I’m interested in finding out ways around the issue you encountered. I agree with you and find it disappointing and even kind of annoying that such a basic feature is not included despite shelling out 300+ bucks for their POS. Maybe I should have went with Square… Anyway, I was curious if you tried to/had access to the option to charge an amount instead of selecting something from inventory? I know that won’t take items out of inventory automatically but would you have been able to do two “Amount” charges, one for the amount being paid in cash and the other for their card, including any specific information in the note section? I don’t even know if you had a way to since I’m looking at this pre-storefront hard ware run and even if you could it’s not the cleanest of workarounds I’m sure, but a $700 loss thanks to their lack of foresight has got to hurt. I’m so sorry that happened to you either way and wish you the best. If you have time and can let me know if you think this workaround is even possible or if you tried what the results were I would really appreciate it because I expect this will happen sooner or later and I really want to be as ready as I can.
Login to Me Too

KotG
Contributor
Contributor

You could run two separate transactions. One for cash simply by selecting the shopping cart and adding it along with a note that helps tie it to the other transaction. Then you could run a second transaction for the item with a cash discount in the amount of the first transaction. Clunky but effective.

Login to Me Too

KotG
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry I haven't replied. 

That might work but overall there are so many issues with the inventory system and other things that I can't recommend this system.

Login to Me Too

mattyb22
New Community Member

TOTALLY AGREE.  

There are so many things that Zettle is lacking.  No rewards programs.  Cannot split transactions.  I was told Zettle/paypal was the biggest payment processor That is why I went  with them  So Disappointed.  Looking for antoher processor.

Login to Me Too

davoaxoim
Contributor
Contributor

Our workaround has been to either break it into two different transactions or create a discount for the cash amount and then manually enter the cash payment into the books. Yes, you can set up dollar amounts as products and discounts. 

One of the biggest things that has been an issue for us, is there is no way to enter deposits. We take appointments and have to enter the deposits as discounts.

DaVo
Axiom Body Piercing
AxiomPiercing.com
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.