Do we have to use Shipstation?

Crafteey
New Community Member

I was excited to see Shipstation as a part of PayPal as I heard there would be discounts, so imagine my surprise when I made my first label today and it was .75 higher to ship!!!  Plus - it looks like I'll have to include dimensions for all packages - where before I could just enter weight when shipping first class.  

This is going to be a pain!!

Can I disable Shipstation and go back to the way things were? I'm not impressed. 

Carrie 

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

OrioleHarris
Contributor
Contributor

I ship envelopes, usually letter size or a little larger. The labels I used for the past 10 years are about 2x7 from DYMO. Now I can't use them so my year supply is down the drain and I ended up buying a new label printer because the only size choice is 4X6 or 8. I haven't had the problem of higher charges yet because for an envelope you charged as much as $3.75 in most cases, while the shipment from this new company was the same price as the post office. No discount.
How am I suppose to use a label that big on an envelope that weighs less the 3 ounces? Let's add some more weight so I can pay more postage. 
I think if you were looking to get out the the shipping business you should have at least made sure that the company used the same format.
I am so unhappy I am looking for other eCommerce resources.

Login to Me Too

tetralite
Contributor
Contributor

You can delete your **bleep**Station account by going to the **bleep**Station settings and scrolling to the bottom of the page where there is a link to delete account.

I deleted mine and I'm so happy I found PirateShip to buy postage. **bleep**Station's web navigation is crippled by their pointless annoying pop-ups and the fact that they require you store cached data on your computer in order to get rid of the annoying pop-ups that won't let you proceed until you click the DONE button on each and every pop-up every time you click to go to the next step. It is insulting and a waste of time. Google shipatation [removed] to see lots of complaints. So glad I'm free of the **bleep**station clown act!

Login to Me Too

Dave_D
Contributor
Contributor

Shi*station does indeed **bleep**.

As with many of you, I have used paypal shipping for years for international packages, not the best but usually worked ok. When I first got redirected I thought, sigh, they've outsourced cause someone has convinced them they can save a penny. And naively I believed it would be the same until the shipping label came up and I felt as there was a bait and switch going on because no where on the checkout page does it show that your package is first going to some distribution center in NJ. And as several replies make clear, the only response from paypal was to shrug and say you don't have to use them.

So I used them for a couple packages and what finally brought me here was they lost a package. Or USPS did. But who knows. Why? Because if you use their crappy service and the package tracking shows it is stuck somewhere or 'in transit', YOU CANNOT GET USPS TO DO ANY SORT OF SEARCH FOR IT. Tracking number works on USPS, BUT if you try to contact USPS about status, their system will put you in an endless loop because THEY WILL NOT CONDUCT SEARCHES FOR PACKAGES SENT BY SHI*STATION. And even bypassing their automated system and sending email via another route, an actual human gives the same reply.

I of course reached out to Shi*station and got zero. So, I filed a claim with paypal for non-delivery of goods. Guess what? It worked. Paypal had no better luck getting any answer out of Shi*station than I did. Speaks volumes. I got my money back and better yet about 10 days after that the package finally arrived. So essentially they are happy to take your money but the second there is an issue they are like cockroaches and disappear into the woodwork.

I must thank the numerous commenters who have recommended Pirateship. Easy as pie.

Login to Me Too

Heyduke
Contributor
Contributor

So far shipstation sucks for me!   When I hit "buy shipping lable"  it shows up with NO BARCODE on it!   Again and again, appears to be totally random

sometimes it even Works... very frustrating

Login to Me Too

Robule
New Community Member

**bleep**station is horrible.  Says I can't send a 4 pound package first class to Australia.  That's hogwash.  The kicker, the price to ship it the only method on **bleep**station was $95, first class on the USPS site with tracking and insurance was $67.   This new app is total garbage, just like most everything else that paypal management tries to "fix".  Go back to the direct USPS site and save your clients tons of frustration.   Idiocy.

Login to Me Too

4Crawler
Contributor
Contributor

Part of that is due to changing USPS service suspensions to Australia:

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm

For the longest time, Express was the only option.  May be that *Station hasn't updated their options, now that First Class airmail "seems" to be working.  We shipped one item to Aus a while back after waiting several months for First Class service to resume.  Customer didn't want to pay the extra $$$ for Express, which would have been 3 times the cost of the item.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.