Charging me for an error on payment

Raymond24s
Contributor
Contributor

I checked out with the 4 payment method. The first time I checked out it said an error has occurred. So I checked out again. Said the same thing. Neither time did I receive what I was attempting to purchase. So I check my bank and there's two pending payments of what I was trying to purchase. And this website for some reason has no way of contacting PayPal because apparently it is a confirmed payment.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Raymond24s 

Those pending authorizations have to expire and drop off on their own. The merchant likely don’t have the orders to settle payment or void the authorizations since there were error messages. 

The authorizations may take up to 30 days to expire and release the holds on funds. If the authorizations are still pending after 30 days, contact customer service or your card issuer to void them for you. Within 30 days, only the merchant can void the authorizations. PayPal cannot void then until after 30 days.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Raymond24s
Contributor
Contributor
I just don’t see how it’s an error but 2.5 seconds later it’s already out of my bank account?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.