Activating Prepaid Paypal Card

Frezzy25
New Community Member

I bought a prepaid PayPal card at Walmart, and my parents had tried activating it with my credentials since it was meant for me, but unfortunately, I am under 18, but after we put the info in we then realized that it won't work, we then tried again hoping to use my parent's credentials, but it automatically asked us to call customer service. We did that, and every time they never helped, they asked my parents to send documents to prove their identities but claimed they never received them. I am at a loss of words on what to do because this card has around 500 bucks on it. What do I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Frezzy25 

To help the federal government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the USA PATRIOT Act requires us to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card Account. WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU: When you open a Card Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and your government ID number. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying information. Card activation and identity verification required before you can use the Card Account. If your identity is partially verified, full use of the Card Account will be restricted, but you may be able to use the Card for in-store purchase transactions. Restrictions include: no ATM withdrawals, international transactions, account-to-account transfers and additional loads. Use of Card Account also subject to fraud prevention restrictions at any time, with or without notice. Residents of Vermont are ineligible to open a Card Account.

Please read the FAQs. It will explain proper card use with minors and many other topics:

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/faq.shtml

When you purchase the card at a retail location you will leave the store with a temporary card, which expires 120 days from the date of purchase. So try to use the card in-store until all the money is gone. Then get a new card and follow the directions for card use with minors.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.