funding source

pholmes
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I have recently refunded a buyer via paypal. It was an ebay transaction which I refunded via paypal. For some reason it was sent back as an echeque even though the buyer states she did not pay this way. The refund is pending and has been for a week. The buyer is naturally unhappy. I have never had this before and any refunds I have had to do go back instantly. I have tried to identify my funding source on paypal but cannot find where it tells me or how I can change if I need to. I though she paid by echeque but she says she didn't. Can anyone help please.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pholmes

A seller can only refund from either their paypal account balance if there are sufficient funds in there OR from there bank account as an echeque.

This is because whilst when buyers pay a seller paypal credits the seller upfront and paypal waits for the bank transfer from the buyer to complete with refunds its you and the buyer that has to take the wait as they don't credit refunds upfront.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.