Trying to cancel a transaction but all support is off line.

onlythelost
New Community Member

So trying to cancel a transaction because I sent wrong currency.  The seller seems to be new as can't seem to find refund option.  All support from PP seems to be offline at the moment (weird for an international company).  Any help on this matter would be appreciated .

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@onlythelost 

Here's how to refund a payment:

1. Click the Activity tab at the top of the page.
  2. Click All Transactions.
  3. Click the payment you want to refund.
  4. Click Issue a refund.
  5. Under "Total Refund Amount," enter the amount you want to refund. You may have the option to refund a partial amount of the payment.
  6. Click Issue Refund. You'll be directed to a page confirming that your refund has been sent.

If you refund a payment for goods or services, there are no fees to issue the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller are not returned to you. The amount of the refunded payment will be deducted from your PayPal account.

Note: if the funds are on hold, the refund will be issued from recipient’s available PayPal balance funds or their linked bank account/card. The received funds on hold will be released later back to the recipient to withdraw.

Or the recipient should just ship the goods, accept the fact they received foreign currency, later converting it on their end, if needed:

Here's how to convert your balance to another currency:

1. Go to Wallet.
  2. Click the three dots icon next to the currency.
  3. Click Convert currency.
  4. Follow the instructions.

Or, PayPal converts it for them when they withdraw.

Did you pay as goods and services or friends and family option?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.