Refund from ebay missing

bvrilliance
New Community Member

Hi one seller from ebay refunded my money on paypal. I access the transaction code and I'm given an error page that it doesn't exist. The transaction was done on Feb 9, 8 days from now. Where is my money and how can I solve the issue?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Fazrul
Contributor
Contributor

i purchase an item from china but the seller is now not a registered user, so i try to contact and ask a refund but i cant the seller is gone and i cant get my money back so how im supposed to get it back??the item i didnt receive it at all,so i would be much appreciate if the paypal get help me with it

Login to Me Too

Katie2623
Contributor
Contributor
I'm pretty sure if its through a shop or something like that with proof u didn't recive it and the seller is g9ne it will be refunded by paypal but if its to a stranger and u don't have the proof u never received the item.pretty sure you have to deal with the l9ss as it's not paypal responabilty they make there site very easy to understand m9st things and iv almost made this mistake myself spent a few hours reading through everything on site and changed my mind .Sorry thats the best i can tell you but what have you really got to lose by asking if they give refund in this situation it cant hurt..Cross your fingers they might say yes just don't hold ur breath
Login to Me Too

rezwrrd
New Community Member

I am having the same issue. I had purchased an item for work on eBay using a company card and then had to return the item as it didn't match the description. eBay sent a message on February 12th that I had received a refund via PayPal, but the transaction number they linked goes to a Page Not Found error on the PayPal site. The funds have not been returned on the card statement either.

I'm a little suspicious of the seller now, since the item received was a similar (but older) model to the one described in the listing, and the model identification plate was missing from the one I received. Is it possible the seller did something intentionally to stop the refund from going through?

Since eBay thinks the issue has been resolved, I no longer seem to have access to the return in purchase history and don't know how to call the issue to their attention. Does anyone know what the heck happened to my refund, and who I need to contact to get this resolved? I owe my employer for the amount of the return because of this, so I'd like to get it sorted out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.