Paying on the Nintendo e-shop without a credit card but with funds

masiar88
New Community Member

Hello

I am trying to do a purchase on the Nintendo e-shop (Switch). I am trying to link my paypal account on it on which I have funds but do not have a credit card. I can pay with the funds I have but when following the nintendo instructions and click on the "Link" button to link my PayPal to my nintendo account it forces me to input a credit card I do not have. How can I get around this and just pay using my funds?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Bigdadjohn78
New Community Member
Has anyone ever figured this out..is it even possible cause I'm tired of jumping through hoops to give companies my money
Login to Me Too

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @Bigdadjohn78,

To address your concern, I can say that you are required to have a card or bank account linked to your PayPal in order to make purchases through the Nintendo e-shop. If you don't have a card or bank linked to your account, an alternative option would be to purchase an e-shop gift card through PayPal's digital gifts site.

I hope this helps!

-Derrick

Login to Me Too

Legarad
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_DerrickDEven if you have a linked account or paypal balance, paypal checkout system  forces you to add a credit or debit card. In my case I have 7.77 dollars that I wanted to use, but I can't use it for that reason.  Also my account has as a preferred payment method, Paypal's Balance.

And despite having added a bank account without a card (Because Ocean Bank not give card for Saving account), Paypal it does not allow you to change the payment method

Login to Me Too

Bravnen
New Community Member
So, I have this exact same problem. I did connect my personal bank account AND I deposited far more than enough money to buy anything on the store. But despite the efforts I put in to make sure money would never be a problem, PayPal demands I use credit cards. Which I don't have. #annoyed beyond words
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.