Ebay refund weird glitch?

blueisback
New Community Member

So basically, I put an item on ebay a long time ago and never took it down and realized somene bought it. When I saw that someone bought it I refunded it because I had no intentions on selling it. But when I refunded it it took the money right from my bank account and not from the money he sent me (which I have not accepted and still unable to accept) This is very bad because it was $380 and I need that money back asap. Also, on the original payment in paypal history it says REFUNDED but it still came from my bank account when in reality It shouldve just taken the money he was trying to send me right back to him. Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@blueisback 

Firstly you can't refund 'held' funds, you would need to wait till they cleared into your balance at 21 days (as you didn't send the item and provide tracking).

Secondly as paypal no longer return the fee you were charged when your buyer paid then you may not have the full amount in that balance and so your bank account would be used instead.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.