Will I still be able to get my refund if my card was replace but still the same account number?

whiskei
Contributor
Contributor

Will I still be able to get my refund if my card was replace but still the same account number?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Marina

Hi @whiskei,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! Refunds are automatically sent back to the original payment method that was used. Typically, if the account number is the same, most financial institutions have no issue adding the credit to the new card. However, I would recommend reaching out to your card issuer directly for more information on their policies. If they reject the refund, the money would be placed back in your PayPal account balance.

I hope you find this information helpful!

Marina

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Marina

Hi @whiskei,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! Refunds are automatically sent back to the original payment method that was used. Typically, if the account number is the same, most financial institutions have no issue adding the credit to the new card. However, I would recommend reaching out to your card issuer directly for more information on their policies. If they reject the refund, the money would be placed back in your PayPal account balance.

I hope you find this information helpful!

Marina

Login to Me Too

whiskei
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. I finally got the refund yesterday even though the card number was changed.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.