Why can’t I make a payment with paypal balance?

yyluio
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to make a purchase on bestbuy with paypal balance. However, the order on bestbuy gets cancelled after a short time while transfer in paypal stays “pending”. I contacted bestbuy and they only tell me to confirm my billing information with my bank, but to me paypal balance appears to have its own balance saparated from the bank accounts?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Jacob

Hello @yyluio,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! We're glad to have you here. I'm sorry to hear your purchase isn't quite working out. The situation you've described sounds like Bestbuy is attempting to place an authorization and order for the checkout but is ultimately failing. This leaves a pending authorization, which is what you see on the account, that will fall off generally within a few days. It may sit for up to 30 days at which point PayPal will automatically void the authorization. I hope this helps out with the confusion!

-Jacob

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

yyluio
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for replying, but this is not the source of my confusion. I tried to contact bestbuy, but they seem to have no idea why they would cancel every purchase. And paypal balance was already transferred from my debit card account, so I thought the transaction limit on the debit card shouldn’t apply to it either.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.