Visa expired, new mastercard added - how to remove visa?

mile7
Contributor
Contributor
I use paypal for montly ("automatic") payments for some services such as Onedrive, sometimes buy something on ebay etc. I recently went to my bank and picked up my new card, because my Visa Electron expired. It is now no longer a Visa Electron, it is now a Mastercard. I successfully added the Mastercard in Paypal and made it my preferred card. I receive some money on Mastercard every month. However, I am not sure how and if will Paypal know to use Mastercard for these automatic payments (onedrive, etc.), because both of the cards are still there, so I tried REMOVING Visa, but got a message that I first need to set another card for these automatic payments and then I will be able to remove it. So how do I set my Mastercard to be the card for automatic payments, so that I can be sure that these services such as Onedrive will continue to work? Thank you for your time and help
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mile7 

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Click on the transaction you want and then click on the payment method, you can then add another one instead or change it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mile7 

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Click on the transaction you want and then click on the payment method, you can then add another one instead or change it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mile7
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you sir, you solved the problem!

It's somewhat unrelated, but why are there some payments under "active" that I canceled years ago? I dont think they actually draw any money, but why are they even there? For example, datacamp.com, the place you can learn to code in exchange for monthly payments... I was using paypal to make this "deal" with them, but it was years ago and I belive I canceled it.

Can I click on "Cancel" next to "Status - Active"?

Thank you again,

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mile7 

I'm not a sir but you are welcome.

If you take out a subscription then you cancel it with the merchant and they will stop taking any funds from it.

But to be on the safe side always cancel it on paypal as well. The merchant shouldn't take any funds once you have cancelled it with them but paypal cannot stop them from doing so if the subscription is still marked as active and the merchant applies for the funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.