Problems Removing and Adding Debit Cards

uhhuhhim
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I've been a long-time PayPal / eBay user.

Recently, my bank issued new debit cards to all members (They switched from MasterCard back to Visa).

I've been updating any sites where I use my debit card for payment.

I saw two items on eBay that caught my interest, so I thought it would be a good idea to finally update my wallet with the new debit card (My eBay account is linked with PayPal).

When I went to remove the old card, I was prompted with a "Replace Card" screen, with "remove card" as an option underneath, which looked like a regular hyperlink.

First, I tried to hit the "Replace Card" button, thinking I'd just have t enter the new card number/type/cvc code).  When I did that, nothing happened.

Then, I tried to click "remove card" option instead.  Nothing happened.

Finally, I decided to try to link the new card separately.  After entering the correct information, I hit "Link Card," but got "An internal error occurred" message and the linking failed.

I'm using Firefox ESR (52.9.0) since I'm still using a laptop that runs Windows Vista Home Premium.  I know full well that the OS is longer supported, but I have used this version of Firefox with PayPal, eBay, and others with absolutely no problems.

So, I'm just wondering if this is a known technical issue right now and if anyone else is having the same problem (or something similar)?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

uhhuhhim

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.