Unable to do refund

sadranskas
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have funds in my Paypal account. I have credit card linked. But system says I can't do refund due to insufficient funds.

How is that possible ? If I do it in eBay, it's says there's technical problem.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sadranskas 

Is the amount in your paypal balance enough to FULLY cover the refund?

Are the funds in your balance cleared and not pending?

Are the funds in your balance in the correct currency that the person you are refunding accepts?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sadranskas
Contributor
Contributor

There's amount Paypal twice the amount to refund.

I've added money from my bank account, so I guess they are no pending.

Later I converted them to GBP's to have same currency the person payed.

All the action I took did not change anything. Eventually I got error in Paypal something to "technical related" 

"We can't process any refund at this moment due to technical reasons. Please try again later."

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @sadranskas,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to process a refund. Please contact customer service for assistance with this refund. 

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

DRStyleLtd

I faced the exact same problem.

The issue seems to stem from the text limit of 255 characters in the "Note to Buyer" text box.

There is no alert (at least with Chrome browser) if you go slightly over this limit and once you click send then the dreadful message "We can't process any refund at this moment due to technical reasons. Please try again later." appears.

Going over the limit will not allow you to send the refund.
Unfortunately it just shows a general error and not an error to suggest that you went over the text limit of 255 characters.

Problem solved once I made sure my note to buyer was less than 255 characters.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.