Refunding money on hold

hoseacorn
Contributor
Contributor

On my summary, I have this option to collect my money but I don't want to collect said money but I also wanted to return said money. Is it possible to return the money on hold back to the recipient that sent the money? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hoseacorn 

Have the recipient open a dispute so that you can refund from within the dispute using the money that PayPal has unavailable to you and on hold from this transaction. Otherwise, PayPal will take the refund from your PayPal balance or bank account to refund the recipient instead, and if you happen to not have enough in your bank, PayPal will cause unnecessary NSFs on your bank account.

Or, wait until the pending/on hold funds become available in your PayPal balance, which is 21 days, before you can refund the recipient, which you don't want either. But if you have enough in your PayPal balance and/or bank account to front the refund at this time, go ahead and issue refund from with in the transaction and you wait until PayPal releases the payment to your available PayPal balance in 21 days.

Hope I've explained it clearly.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.