Refund

Jermol
New Community Member
I was refunded money from a supplier I bought an item from, however the credit card I originally made the purchase with have been discontinued. And I have linked another card to my account since. The problem I have is PayPal refunded the money to the discontinued card and not the new credit card. What do I do and how do I get my refund on my new credit card?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jermol 

The refund will be reversed back to that card. If the card company still exists, you'll need to contact them and ask how they would handle that situation. Card companies will generally mail you a paper check of the refund or if the refund is declined and you'll have to ask the merchant to refund you by sending you a PayPal payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jermol 

The refund will be reversed back to that card. If the card company still exists, you'll need to contact them and ask how they would handle that situation. Card companies will generally mail you a paper check of the refund or if the refund is declined and you'll have to ask the merchant to refund you by sending you a PayPal payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.