Refund Cancelled - Money in Cyberspace

BenC94
Contributor
Contributor

To whom it may concern,

I have an issue as follows and would love someone to advise what to do next:

1. I sent $50 to a friend via my PayPal Balance
2. Friend instantly refunded me as they claimed they don't know how to use Paypal
3. Refund was supposed to be in my PayPal today
4. Got an email saying Refund Cancelled - Click here to Re-issue Refund

When I click Re-sissue Refund from email it says: "We're sorry. That page doesn't seem to exist. Try one of the links at the top of your screen to get back on track."

Likewise, when I try to go to the Resolution Centre and click "Report a Problem" and select the refund transaction it says "We're sorry, we can't complete your request. We’re sorry, you can’t file a case on this type of transaction. Please refer to our User Agreement for more details."

All this aside, the person who sent the refund has sent me Screenshots from her PayPal showing the refund has been sent. My account is not limited as far as I am aware as I have received money last week with no issues.

How do I go about finding where the Refund is and getting my money back?

Any help is more than appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BenC94 

Refund should be in your PayPal balance instantly since you paid with balance.

The Refund Cancelled email is puzzling though. Is the refund transaction marked “Completed” on your Activity page? 

May want to reach out to customer service to review the situation:

1. https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us
  2. Click Payments.
  3. Click Refunds.
  4. Click Refund for completed payment.
  5. Click Message Us after “This information might help” box.

Messages are responded to in the order received by staff  if automated assist is unable to help.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BenC94 

Refund should be in your PayPal balance instantly since you paid with balance.

The Refund Cancelled email is puzzling though. Is the refund transaction marked “Completed” on your Activity page? 

May want to reach out to customer service to review the situation:

1. https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us
  2. Click Payments.
  3. Click Refunds.
  4. Click Refund for completed payment.
  5. Click Message Us after “This information might help” box.

Messages are responded to in the order received by staff  if automated assist is unable to help.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BenC94
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

Thank you for your reply.

I got two emails with the following subject lines. The first saying "Your refund to xxx couldn't be completed" and the next saying "Your refund didn't go through".  Ony my transaction activity page it shows my payment succesfully sent to them on the 28th of July and them refunding me on the 28th of July. However, their refund as of the 31st of July (The date it said the refund would hit my PayPal) now has a line through the +50.00 and says in the status "Cancelled – Refund".

I will try and get onto support via the message us because not being able to dispute the refund or reissue refund via the link in the email that PayPal sent is very concerning as the person I sent the $50 to is convinced they don't have the $50 anywhere.

I will keep this thread open in case I can't get onto support and require further assistance here. Thank you again.

Edit: Talked to Support - They instantly re-issued the $50 refund and it hit my account within seconds. No explanation as to why the refund was cancelled in the first place. Must have been a glitch on PayPal's end. Thank you again for letting me know how to message support as it worked perfectly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.