Recent transaction not on account activity

gmw76
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I hope someone can advice

I sold an item via Ebay earlier in the evening and received Paypal emails confirming payment had been sent to me. In addition the Ebay transaction when clicked links to a Paypal payment confirmation with a transaction number. Despite this the transaction is not showing up on my account or activity. I am nervous about dispatch until I can log in and see the payment. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @gmw76,

Thank you for coming back to let us know of the outcome! I am glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gmw76 

Is your PayPal email address confirmed? Can't receive money in to your PayPal if its email address is not confirmed. Log on to your PayPal account and go to account settings (cog icon) to see if says you need to confirm or verify your email address.

And check if your ebay listings are using the correct PayPal email address. Make sure there's no typos. Click Relist on sold item to see what it is on the listing form but don't relist.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

gmw76
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for quick help. My Paypal account is not asking for any verification and I have been actively using the account for a while. The Primary email address in account settings is correct. The Ebay transaction under relist has the matching Primary address under Paypal payment. Also I used a template which successfully channelled payment in November. I appear to be able to link to a transaction page from the Ebay sold page which gives me a transaction number. Also I received emails on the correct address saying payment had been made. Transaction does not appear on the account though?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @gmw76,

Thank you for checking the items that @sharpiemarker suggested. If the payment is still not showing, please contact customer service to ask a representative to check that transaction number.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

gmw76
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks guys in this instance it took approx 4hrs to register on account although confirmation email came soon. Panic over.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @gmw76,

Thank you for coming back to let us know of the outcome! I am glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.