Receiving Funds

Bmckenzie213
New Community Member

A buyer is rubbing me the wrong way. I created a custom invoice for him because he wants the product shipped using UPS Next Day Air. He claims he sent the money but I don’t see any updates when I sign into Paypal. I just have 2 emails from <removed> claiming that I must provide the tracking information & THEN the funds will be put in my account. This is my first time creating an invoice but something doesn’t feel right. Someone please tell me this is a scam.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bmckenzie213 wrote:
A buyer is rubbing me the wrong way. I created a custom invoice for him because he wants the product shipped using UPS Next Day Air. He claims he sent the money but I don’t see any updates when I sign into Paypal. I just have 2 emails from “service@pay——pal.com” claiming that I must provide the tracking information & THEN the funds will be put in my account. This is my first time creating an invoice but something doesn’t feel right. Someone please tell me this is a scam.

Scam. PayPal only informs you that “you have money”, not also tell you in a payment confirmation to provide tracking information and then the funds would be released. Never do they do that...so congrats to your tingling spidey sense. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bmckenzie213 wrote:
A buyer is rubbing me the wrong way. I created a custom invoice for him because he wants the product shipped using UPS Next Day Air. He claims he sent the money but I don’t see any updates when I sign into Paypal. I just have 2 emails from “service@pay——pal.com” claiming that I must provide the tracking information & THEN the funds will be put in my account. This is my first time creating an invoice but something doesn’t feel right. Someone please tell me this is a scam.

Scam. PayPal only informs you that “you have money”, not also tell you in a payment confirmation to provide tracking information and then the funds would be released. Never do they do that...so congrats to your tingling spidey sense. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Temp20210620
New Community Member
I love playing online games and puzzles
Login to Me Too

Xicyshomex
New Community Member

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.