Paypal has stolen $3300 dollars from me and will not acknowledge it.

tbaron1991
Contributor
Contributor

I had a transaction between myself and seller where on the first attempt to pay the seller $3300 my bank account was not funded with enough money to cover it on June 18th, so my secondary payment method was used to pay this seller. Seller received the payment and said they did not want to incur the fees associated with a CC transaction so they refunded my money (which takes 2-3 days to process) and requested I use my checking account, which I did on June 19th, I paid the seller $3300 from my checking account, seller confirmed they received the bank transaction. On June 21st I am informed that Paypal would be automatically retrying this transaction withing 3-5 business days since it was declined by my bank the first time. I told them explicitly not to attempt this because the seller had already been paid, no response. On June 22nd I receive my $3300 refund from the CC backup payment from seller, and transfer it back to my bank account. At this point if you are keeping track we are all square, no issues. On June 26th PayPal executes the "retry payment" of $3300 and takes the money out of my checking account even though the seller had already been paid and the money had already been deducted from my checking account on June 19th. Now for some reason my paypal activity is not showing this transaction on the 26th took place, but I have the transaction record on the 26th in my bank account showing them executing a retry payment for $3300. PayPal is now refusing to acknowledge that this transaction on the 26th has ever happened and will not refund my money. I have been in contact with the seller and she has not received a second payment either so I have no idea what paypal has even done with my money. After contacting customer service over a dozen times, being told I need to provide proof of the transaction ( sent them screen shots of my bank account statement showing the deduction on the 26th) they are still refusing to return my money. At this point it is bordering on criminal how they are handling this situation.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.