Paypal Credit

Furnishd
Contributor
Contributor

As it seems customer support cant be bothered to respond to emails im hoping someone in the community can offer some advice.

How do i go about offering credit as a payment term on my eCommerce website

Now they key thing is, its a uk website, and nope i dont need to be authorised by FSA as only want to offer 4 months interest free, which doesn't come under their guideline

but EVERY link i find on google just comes up with the usual "sorry we cannot find this link

Even going through my own paypal website all i get is the option to create banners for US , now i know america are trying to own the world, but as of yet (that i have seen) we are still GBP here.. 

So any advice woudl be appreciated, and apologises about the tone of the message, but 4 mails, and over 2 weeks of trying to get a simple response from paypal has left me frustrated. (and a lot poorer due to lost customers)

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Furnishd,

Glad to help! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Furnishd 

PayPal Credit is built in or integrated in to the PayPal checkout system and is only offered specifically depending on the buyer's account (creditworthy or not or have an existing account or not and transaction history, etc) so all you have to do is post banners (if available). Merchants doesn't know exactly how the customer would pay anyway as they are only concerned with receiving payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Furnishd
Contributor
Contributor

ok thats great, so its as simple as me offering it 😄

Next questions where do i get the banners that details GBP and not USD can only find the 4 months interest free for US only.?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Furnishd 

If you're using BigCommerce or any of the shopping carts on this page (toward the bottom):

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-a-paypal-credit-banner-to-the-header-of-my-...

Or use google images and search for paypal uk paypal credit banners
And see how others are doing it. The current promotion is "Simply spend over £99 and you get 0% interest for 4 months on that purchase." so look for a banner that offers that.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Furnishd
Contributor
Contributor

aye i have seen the options for other sites but i dont use any of them , in fact if you follow the instruction and click on the link below

1. Paste your PayPal Credit header banner code obtained from PayPal Financing into the HTML box and click Update.

it takes you to the US website, and then reverts to the UK one with the usual "the page your looking for is no longer available please use help " which is useless. So im not even sure this is applicable to the UK at all.

I have also tried to edit JS that you can use to build the image for the dollar but it calls a script thats on "https://www.paypalobjects.com" ,and an image would be no good as it doesn't have a true function of the banner and would be just a dead link, things like the date and time wouldn't update and as for logging etc i would / could get into some serious trouble if they requested information on a fraud case (the JSON has date/time logging looking at with my basic knowledge) so sadly an image is just that and wont do the job.

Is it really case that paypal haven't bothered with uk ones, and its upto me to pay developer to create one. 

I have read the odd post where paypal have actually built one or 2 on websites for the website owners, but this was a little way back when paypal credit was a new thing

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

is Paypal credit available outside USA?

Login to Me Too

Furnishd
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it is, lots of businesses use it but thats my frustration.... 

Login to Me Too

Furnishd
Contributor
Contributor

bump

5 days and no response to email to paypal support, so still looking for solution - the key being UK which is why the above solution wont/hasn't/cant work

thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Furnishd,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not received a reply to your email. For guidance about adding PayPal Credit banners to your ecommerce site, you may want to ask the question in the Merchant Integration Technical Support Community. The people in that community are better equipped to assist with questions like yours.

I hope that you get the answers you need!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Furnishd
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia thank you for that, thats the forum that might be able to help, but couldn't find it .. 😄 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.