Payment couldnt be completed and now I'm missing money.

nichtAlex
New Community Member

A few days ago (31st October) I bought something from an Onlineshop called Motedis. I tried to pay with PayPal but got an error that the payment couldnt be completed. The money was debited from my bank account but the transaction doesnt show up in my PayPal activities. The seller hasnt received any money either. I'm now missing almost 27€ and I have no idea where my money is or how I can either get it back or have the payment completed.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nichtAlex 

The transaction in your bank account should be listed as a "Pending transaction". Its a temporary authorization/placeholder on the amount until it is captured by the merchant. If the order/payment failed and the merchant can't claim the funds, then the pending transaction remains until it expires and drops off from your bank account activity as if it didn't happen. This can take anywhere from 3 days, up to 30 days before the funds are released.

Pending transactions can't be disputed until posted and can only be canceled by contacting the merchant directly. Of course, if the merchant doesn't have an order or a payment transaction to cancel from, just keep an eye on your bank account and let the authorization expire on its own and funds released.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.