Payment Status

Iciv123

Is it possible the person who sent me the money cancel the transaction? Cause the person who sent me the money is in debt to me. How do I check the status of the transaction and how can I track it? The payment status in my email shows "PENDING" and says "Awaiting proof of postage from seller," what does it mean? Thank you so much, I appreciate it!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Iciv123 

Sorry, but check your PayPal account to see if this payment is for real. That email reads very suspicious. Never seen a email confirmation with text like that. And PayPal don't call their Buyer Protection or Purchase protection program, "User Protection Policy". It's either Buyer Protection program or Purchase Protection program or Seller Protection program. And I've never seen anything like "95% Complete - Awaiting proof of postage from seller." in a email when I get a goods and services payment. Check the email header and raw text with your email client to see if it is a spoof email from some random email address/email server paths. When someone pays, you see account holder name, transaction ID number, whatever the sender wrote in the note field and the subject title is "You Got Money". That's it. Simple. I don't think you sent the sender a PayPal button link and even if you did, the PayPal payment confirmation text is not like that. But then again, PayPal have different interfaces and email layouts but regardless, you should check the email header and the raw text to see if it is a real PayPal email confirmation.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Iciv123 

Means the sender sent you a goods and services payment so it is subject to PayPal's 21 day funds availability hold. You can wait the full 21 days for PayPal to release the funds or click "Add Tracking", select an order status and then contact the sender to confirm receipt. If they don't confirm, you'll have to wait the 21 days.

Either the sender intentionally sent you a goods and services payment on purpose because they owed you this money and grudgingly paying you back and make you wait or they forgot to indicate friends and family payment. If they are peeved to pay you back, wait the 21 days and not ask them to lift a finger; leaving well enough alone. Your choice in what you want to do.

Login to Me Too

Iciv123

So it takes 21 days for the payment to show up in my account? Would it be possible for the senders to cancel the payment? Because I'm really concerned I didn't get the money I am supposed to get. It doesn't show anything in my Paypal activity tab, but it says in my email,

You have an instant payment of $120.00 from ***

Thanks for using PayPal.

Users' Protection - ELIGIBLE
Payment status - PENDING  95% Complete - Awaiting proof of postage from seller.

Note: User Protection Policy (UPP) is applied, this payment will not clear or appear on your PayPal  history until 24HRS. 

Thank you so much

@sharpiemarker

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Iciv123 

Sorry, but check your PayPal account to see if this payment is for real. That email reads very suspicious. Never seen a email confirmation with text like that. And PayPal don't call their Buyer Protection or Purchase protection program, "User Protection Policy". It's either Buyer Protection program or Purchase Protection program or Seller Protection program. And I've never seen anything like "95% Complete - Awaiting proof of postage from seller." in a email when I get a goods and services payment. Check the email header and raw text with your email client to see if it is a spoof email from some random email address/email server paths. When someone pays, you see account holder name, transaction ID number, whatever the sender wrote in the note field and the subject title is "You Got Money". That's it. Simple. I don't think you sent the sender a PayPal button link and even if you did, the PayPal payment confirmation text is not like that. But then again, PayPal have different interfaces and email layouts but regardless, you should check the email header and the raw text to see if it is a real PayPal email confirmation.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.