Paying in EUR while credit cards is in USD!! PLEASE HELP ASAP!!

kha_85
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys,

Please if anyone can help me, I need to pay my school (in EUR) which is in Italy via PayPal, I am located in Libya while my bank account is in Tunisia in USD(but I have my credit card with me in Libya which is in USD as well), few days ago I payed the first payment after I tried several times, but now it does not work at all.

Please help me ASAP!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kha_85 wrote:

Hey guys,

Please if anyone can help me, I need to pay my school (in EUR) which is in Italy via PayPal, I am located in Libya while my bank account is in Tunisia in USD(but I have my credit card with me in Libya which is in USD as well), few days ago I payed the first payment after I tried several times, but now it does not work at all.

Please help me ASAP!!

PayPal accounts are country specific. The country where you opened the PayPal account, is where? You can find this out on the account settings page. Account info and financial instruments have to be local. PayPal does not offer service in Libya. You can use your credit card to pay your school without a PayPal account. If "Paypal Account optional" method is not available during checkout. The school has to enable "Paypal Account Optional" feature is available to PayPal Business account holders only. You will need to contact the school to assist with that.

To enable the feature: the recipient has to go to the Profile and settings, click on Website Payment Preferences under the My Selling Tools subtab, and check the yes/no box under PayPal Account Optional.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kha_85 wrote:

Hey guys,

Please help me ASAP!!

PayPal accounts are country specific. The country where you opened the PayPal account, is where? You can find this out on the account settings page. Account info and financial instruments have to be local. PayPal does not offer service in Libya. You can use your credit card to pay your school without a PayPal account. If "Paypal Account optional" method is not available during checkout. The school has to enable "Paypal Account Optional" feature is available to PayPal Business account holders only. You will need to contact the school to assist with that.

To enable the feature: the recipient has to go to the Profile and settings, click on Website Payment Preferences under the My Selling Tools subtab, and check the yes/no box under PayPal Account Optional.

Login to Me Too

kha_85
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarkerThank you very much for your quick reply, few things though, since Libya is not connected to PayPal, can I change my country to Tunisia (since my bank account and credit card are both from Tunisia)

And sorry but I cant find the "Account info and financial instruments"

Best,

Khalil

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kha_85 wrote:

@sharpiemarkerThank you very much for your quick reply, few things though, since Libya is not connected to PayPal, can I change my country to Tunisia (since my bank account and credit card are both from Tunisia)

And sorry but I cant find the "Account info and financial instruments"

Best,

Khalil

If you are in Libya, you cannot use PayPal at all because they do not operate as a business in Libya. Not from Tunisia either, your account will be limited because that violates PayPal User agreement. You have to use your credit card directly to pay the school. Have the school send you a PayPal button as an email link to make payment with a credit card as PayPal guest (without a PayPal account). If it does not let you pay without a PayPal account, have the seller adjust their business account settings as instructed above.

Login to Me Too

kha_85
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarkerthe school already sent me a link by email to do so, but when I go in the required info for me to pay is the country of resident and phone number, since Libya is not in the list, this does not allow me to put in my phone number either. the strange thing is that I payed the same amount last month and now I forgot how I did not because e at that time I tries several ways and at the end it worked.

Is it ok to have an online chat about this if you think you help me?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.