Money withdrawn from checking account even after I canceled the transaction on PayPal

Rahul0722
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everybody,

On 11/19/2020, I had cancelled payment to a friend of mine on here. However, on the following day, 11/20/2020, the said amount was electronically withdrawn from my checking account.

Is there anyone who could possibly help me with this situation and suggest as to who I can get in touch with at PayPal to discuss this issue? I really appreciate any feedback, suggestion, or help you guys can provide.

Thanking you,

Rahul 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rahul0722 

Once a bank payment has started processing, it cannot be stopped, it’s automated so the money goes out to PayPal, then gets routed back to your bank since it was canceled. Will take a few days to see it back in the bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rahul0722 

Once a bank payment has started processing, it cannot be stopped, it’s automated so the money goes out to PayPal, then gets routed back to your bank since it was canceled. Will take a few days to see it back in the bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Rahul0722
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

How long does it typically take for this process to happen?

Much Appreciated.

Rahul 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.