Lost refund

GrantGodfrey
Contributor
Contributor

Seller says he has refunded and provided me with a transaction ID, but in my Paypal activity, I see no refunds at all. How do I get my money back ? Its been weeks. Please help. Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Harley125
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @GrantGodfrey 

Thank you for contacting PayPal. I hope you are doing good and safe! I’m sorry to hear that you are unable to find your refund. In this case, I would request you to check your refund status. If the refund status is completed then, your refund will go to your original payment method itself. It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. If the card was canceled or you paid with a prepaid card, contact the card issuer to access your refund. The money will still be sent to this card account. Thanks for your patience and understanding. For more details refund. 

Regards, 

Harley125

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Harley125
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @GrantGodfrey 

Thank you for contacting PayPal. I hope you are doing good and safe! I’m sorry to hear that you are unable to find your refund. In this case, I would request you to check your refund status. If the refund status is completed then, your refund will go to your original payment method itself. It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. If the card was canceled or you paid with a prepaid card, contact the card issuer to access your refund. The money will still be sent to this card account. Thanks for your patience and understanding. For more details refund. 

Regards, 

Harley125

Login to Me Too

GrantGodfrey
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. If I go to my refund status, there is no history that any funds has been returned to me. I am also not seeing any payments made on any bank statements. Are you able to confirm the last four digits of the bank card that was used for this transaction and which bank was used (Capitec/Nedbank) etc ? 

The fact that I am not able to see any transaction in my refund history and no reflection of any amount in my bank account, how can I confirm that payment has been made as it does not look like it was given what I am seeing ???

This has NOT been resolved. I need to see [rove that the refund was made and I am not seeing that on my end. 

Please help as I do need this confirmation and money.  

Thanks,

Grant

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.