Items sent to Argos using click and collect. Are they eligible for seller protection?

clair247
Contributor
Contributor

I've sold a high value item through eBay and didn't realise that Ebay had automatically opted me into 'click and collect' which the buyer has chosen. The transaction isn't showing any delivery details (other than argos) in Paypal and there is no 'eligible for seller protection' on the transaction. With this in mind I am reluctant to send the item especially as the buyer has just 1 previous transaction although has been a member since 2016. Ebay assure me this is perfectly fine but I'm envisioning paypal would take the money back at some later stage if the buyer was to make a receipt complaint.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@clair247 

The order is supposed to be sent to an Argos retail location? 

Read how you are protected or not:

https://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/business/click-collect

eBay's scrapping the barrel for ideas and throwing curve balls at sellers knocking them off their game trying to be like Amazon. Smh.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

clair247
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 
Thank you for your help. I know eBay covers me, but it’s the seller protection from PayPal that I need or I’m not sending, can’t find any information on PayPal regarding this. Don’t want to upset genuine ebayers but can’t take the risk. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.