How Do I Reject a Money Request

Ally1987
New Community Member

I have a random person requesting me to send them money through my personal paypal, I want to reject the request so I don't accidentally hit accept, how do I do that?  I don't see a "Reject" button

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @Ally1987,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. You should see the option "Reject" or "Cancel". Please, try from your laptop or from the desktop version of your mobile. If that is not the case, please try contacting customer service by phone by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and then Call us, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

DairaHopwood
Contributor
Contributor

There is no Reject button. Or if there is, it's so well hidden that no-one who has asked this question (and I've read several threads about it) has ever been able to find it. The only button associated with a request is "Pay Now". There's a Cancel button associated with the payment page, but it doesn't delete the request.

Login to Me Too

DairaHopwood
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, I found it. It is well hidden; it only appears on the Activity page which I don't normally use. You have to click Cancel next to the request, and then Cancel again.

Also, it sends a notification to the requester. There's no way to permanently *ignore* a request.

Login to Me Too

Bigreb
Contributor
Contributor

Daira, thanks for that, i have found the decline button as well, you were more help than CS

Login to Me Too

Bigreb
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem and am waiting customer services to respond, someone is asking for 5000$, there is no reject button, he is not shown in my contacts so I cant block him. I was advised to try it via website via my pc which i did and still no change. I am also worried that i might accidentally hit the paynow button. 

I am not getting much help from paypal cs and am seriously considering closing account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.